Ordered My xcal today!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Levin

Reaction score
Spoke with Doug @ Bamachips just now, and placed my order for an xcal with a 93 performance tune, 93 econo tune, and a 93 torque tune. Can't wait to plug this in and make the Trac move!

let me know how the transaction goes i am planning to get one really soon.

Also let me know how the truck feels after its installed

yes... all of the above... and the price if you dont mind me asking.... i wonder if he has problems whipping to Canada or how much it would be,

Here's a recent post with a discount from fastpartsnetwork.com and Torrie McPhail. Big D, you might check with him and see if he'll ship to Canada.

James,

The XCal is a tuner that can improve gas mileage, horsepower, torque, and shift points. It can also adjust the speedometer for a different sized tire, remove the rev and speed limiter, and read check engine light codes. There are tons of possibilities with it.

Cool We going to do a stock and xcal dyno run???

Absolutely! I'll probably throw the econo tune in for the ride there and then after the first dyno run I'll throw the performance tune in and we can see what kind of a difference it makes.

BTW, Doug also mentioned that if we get the dyno runs done based on RPMs he can then look at the results and adjust the tunes.

I got mine on Tuesday, as ETAed. The tire rev was off. I have 245/65-17. The Stockers for the XLT-Premium and Adrenale where 255/70-16. I manually set the revs to 715 and the rear to 4.10 just to be sure.

I contacted Doug and he is emailing me the updated tune files. Good guy.

Ok wow what a differance, mind you I've had Fords all my adult life and always tune them up. I have Yoko Geolanders II A/Ts and they really grip. Stopped me from rearending some goof in a Expidation going 45 on a 65 and I was going about 80 on a blind curve. I've never even been able to get them to break lose.

:eek::angry:

But now, I was trying to get them to break and thought they still wouldn't, until I see that they are actually smoking and I was just not hearing them. Wow pretty white smoke

:lol::D

I haven't filled up yet. So I'll update on milage. I'm really enjoying driving the ST now. I'm actually driving is over my baby, 06 Volvo S60R AWD, 0-60 in about 6. The S60R will be put away for the winter and the ST will be my main ride.

:D:lol::cool:

Last edited by a moderator: