OT: Good Deal on a Recertified Magellan GPS - $69.99 w/ Free Shipping

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Rogers

Reaction score
GPS questions come up now and then, so I thought I would give folks a heads up on a great deal (assuming you can deal with factory recerts).

Recertified: MAGELLAN Roadmate 2200T 3.5" Portable GPS Receiver - $69.99 w/ free shipping

Newegg has the Factory Refurbished Magellan Roadmate 2200T Portable GPS Navigation System, featuring a 3.5" touchscreen LCD, pre-loaded NAVTEQ maps with 2 million POI, MP3 player, and Text To Speech, for a low $69.99 after rebate and Coupon Code EMCAJBCDF. Free Shipping. Tax in CA, NJ, NY, PR, TN.

At this price the thing is almost disposable...

It does.. The reason I went with this one is it has "speech to text" capability. Which means it says : Turn right on Northside Pkwy.. Instead of saying: Turn right in 200 ft...

Great review on it below:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike C, you are welcome.

Let me know how you like it.

Man, I'm considering getting this...though I have been using my Blackberry Curve with Google Maps downloaded in a pinch, when really needed...but that's not as convenient as a dedicated GPS.

TJR

Lil Red, if I know NewEgg you will have the GPS by *this* weekend. They ship ultra-fast. I have a drop ship location in NJ, and I often get things the next day, even if ordering in the late evening.

TJR

Wow, that's cool. I'm ordering a 2nd one for my father in law. His birthday is around the corner and this will make a great birthday present. Only thing is I have to ship it to him to get the rebate because they only allow 1 per address. :(

Also, here is another, more in-depth review of the Magellan 2200T.

Note, this is a GPS that is a couple of years old, and is recertified/refurbished from the factory. Don't expect it to compete with a brand new $200 to $300 unit.

But at the price of $69.99, you could probably do worse if using this as an opportunity to stick your toe into the GPS pool...

?? It says $79.99 after rebate now.. Still a decent price though.

Edit: Nevermind.. Missed the coupon code :wacko:

You guys wont be disappointed.. If anyone has any operating questions hit me up.. I'm glad to help out, but it was a breeze to work.. right outta the box.

TJR, I got the unit and have used it for about a day. I also have a 650 NUVII and 760 Magellan Roadmaster. BTW I downloaded the free software update.

The pixel density of the screen is a little on the lean side. The screen is about the same size of the 760 but the overall package is much smaller ( a big plus). The NUVII has a larger screen but is much more expensive. Satellite acquisition is extremely good on the 2200T. It uses a newer chipset that the 760. Voice is load and clear except for some Text to Speech mispronunciations. But that is to be expected. The unit came with the unit , PCtools for downloading MP3s etc, cigarette litter plug, household plug and suction cup windshield mount. With the combined package where the bean bag pad is thrown in for $0.00 that too came with it. Overall impression: A great bang for the buck....

Mike C,

Thanks for reporting. I held off and didn't buy. I use my Blackberry Curve w/ Google Maps in pinch when needed.

Glad it is working for you. Good luck with it.

TJR

Latest posts