OT: Just for LaRue - Photographic key duplication/hacking

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Rogers

Reaction score
Not necessarily Sport Trac related (since it uses the PATs system), but here is some food for thought.

Smart folks have figured out how to take a photo of a key and duplicate a useable key from the photo. The impressive part is that the photo of the keys can be taken from various distances and angles.

So, as more and more people carry around digital cameras (in their iPods, and cellphones, etc), be careful where you leave your keys!

(of course, they could just steal your keys...HA!)

Read more at...

They can cut all the keys they want to, they still ain't driving it away. Why go through all the work of cutting a key when you can use a brick to smash the window?

Tom

Hey Tom,,, with enough experience a locksmith/person could tell you the cuts on a key. I'm not 100% right all the time but I can look at most any single sided key and tell you the cuts.:unsure: I remember in one of my lock mags, there was a guy who swallowed his only ignition key by accident,,, and they took an X-ray of his stomach and a locksmith made a key from the picture. Cool huh?:cool:

Swallowed his ignition key? By accident? Hmmm...:lol:

really!!!! he had it in his mouth ( no key rings) while trying to fix something on his dash before he got out of the car. Bumped something and GULP! OH NO!!! He was also visiting a friend about 500 miles away from home. It was like a 70's chevy with the 5 cut single sided key. I saw the pics....:wacko:

Latest posts