OT - Support my wife and Leukemia research

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone...long time reader...not too many posts but you guys all seem really nice and I thought you might be interested in this. My son Zach has leukemia and my wife is running a marathon to raise money for leukemia research. I'm posting her letter below:

Take care and keep trac'n.

Chris

August 26, 2006

Hello Friends and Family!

Please take a seat because I have some shocking news. I, Kimberly Moore, am going to…wait for it…run a MARATHON. Yes, you read correctly. I am going to run 26.2 miles on February 17, 2007 (brrrrrr) in the Myrtle Beach Marathon. Now, you are probably wondering why I would do this to myself considering I really don’t enjoy running. The answer to that is simple. I want to help find a cure for my son, Zachary, who was diagnosed on March 10, 2005 with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), and for others with leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease or myeloma.

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) has provided the opportunity for me to help through their Team in Training program. TNT is the world’s largest endurance sports training program that offers individuals the opportunity to train for an endurance event with a certified coach. In return, participants raise a certain amount of money to support cancer research.

Beginning, August 27, 2006, a day before Zachary turns 3 years old, I will start my training with my teammates at - and here is the challenge - 6:30 in the MORNING. I am not a morning person by any stretch of the imagination, but I will be one for my son and others who will benefit from the research supported by LLS. I will no doubt encounter challenges during my training, especially as the runs get longer, but I know it will be nothing compared to the challenges my son and others like him have faced and will face on their road to recovery.

My individual fundraising goal is $3,000 by January 1, 2007. In order to reach this goal I am writing to you, my family and friends, to ask for your support. I’ll do the running in the cold, if you do the donating from the warmth of your home. You can donate on a per mile basis ($1 per mile = $26.20, $2 per mile = $52.40, $3 per mile = $78.60, and so on) or in any way you see fit. If you decide this goal and campaign are worthwhile you can donate and check my progress through my webpage http://www.active.com/donate/tntsc/tntscKMoore or donate by check (made payable to LLS but mailed to me at 335 Eagle Ridge Rd, Summerville, SC 29485). Anything you can do will help me get closer to my goal.

I will be running in honor of my son, Zachary, and our team’s honored hero Carlisle Haskovec a survivor of Hodgkin’s disease since June 2001. I will wear bracelets with their names to remind me of their fight to help me get through my task.

Please forward this email to as many people as you can to encourage them to donate as well!

Thank you in advance for your generosity and support.

God bless,

Kimberly Moore

For any donation you send, you will receive a receipt by return mail. All contributions to LLS are tax-deductible and only 25% of the funds raised stay within LLS for administrative expenses. The remaining 75% is used to provide research funding, direct financial aid to leukemia and lymphoma patients, education programs and private schools, and advocacy and community services.

Kimberly Moore sent this e-mail to you to let you know about the ActiveGiving online fundraising tools. You are a personal contact of Kimberly Moore. All donations will be processed via ActiveGiving's secure credit card processing services.

If you wish to be removed from Kimberly Moore’s personal contact list, please contact Kimberly directly by replying to this message.

Visit The Active Network's Privacy Policy and User Agreement: http://www.theactivenetwork.com/privacystatement if you have any questions.<B

mooreck,,,your wife is quite the gal,,,,,I think all of us are proud of her enthusiasm. The best to your son, I know we are making great strides against this disease, and I am doing my part here in the valley of CA, scraping the neighborhood for as many donations that I can get for the same very good cause. I encourage all of our readers to give generously to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to fight all blood cancers, in Pittsfield, MA 01202,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Mark

As a physician, former resident of the Isle of Palms and proud parent of 2 boys ages three and one, I'm happy to support your efforts. Train hard and make Zachary proud!:cool:

Last edited by a moderator: