Outlook 2003 PST help.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Whitman

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am running into an issue with Outlook 2003 where its telling me my PST file has reached its MAX size of 2gigs.

Now I was doing some research online and I was underthe impression that Outlook 2003 was a Unlimited PST file size..

I checked the properties of the current PST file on this computer and it says its a Outlook 97-2002 PST file. Which I am guessing is the problem.

How do I convert the OST file so it is a 2003 PST file?

My Archive PST file is the same and won't allow me to add to it also.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Whit

Whit,

I have never had to do this personally but these directions look promising. It is not automatic so you will need to do a few steps. On another note you should really think about decreasing the size of the pst. 2gb is a lot of data to be kept in a pst file. You can start having corruptions, etc.

George

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris, are you running Windows 2000?

If you are, that's the limit for your PST files, you can create new ones and you can have up to another 2 gigs, but maybe look for Windows XP, this one will give you more options, i.e. no liit on your pst files.

Good luck.

Jose

If you follow the directions (albeit short) on the link George C gave you, you can accomplish what you want.

Outlook 2003 has a pst file size of 20 gig vs the older 2 gig size.

Here is another link that will describe it a little more.

http://searchexchange.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid43_gci1226189,00.html

as well as a link to a tool that might help you if your PST is getting or is corrupt from hitting the 2 gig size.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys that did the trick... The Computer was running Windows XP Pro by the way.

Ya I know that 2gig is getting big and file corruption might happen... Its a client and he gets a ton of mail daily as he runs radio ads for Financial Stuff....

So the issue is I am trying to keep it around 2gig and than I have it Archive everything else older than 4 months. His Archive file will get huge quick.

Wondering what else I might want to try in this office??

Cheers

Whit

Latest posts