Outside Temp Gauge Part #

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found two..

One is called the Instrument panel sun sensor- Part number - 13ao18 - price - 54.00 from my local dealer

The other is called a Ambiant A/C Temp sensor - Part number - 12a647 - price- 60.00 from my local dealer

The first one is mounted on the dash, the other is under the hood. Hope this helps.. :supercool:

Oh I wonder what one I need to replace?? I thought there was only one sensor for the outside temp and that was under the hood out front by the rad.

Anyone know what the sun sensor is? Is that what specifies ICE on the display?

I figured it just read ICE when it dropped to freezing for acouple degrees and goes away the lower the temp gets.

Whit

For the rear view mirror. There is a hole on the back of the mirror that senses light (sun sensor) and keeps the rear view mirror tinted (I think) during the day. If you put your finger over the hole during the day, the mirror lightens up a bit.

Or the other way around. Maybe the rear view mirror darkens for night driving.

Lou...

"Anyone know what the sun sensor is? "

Just trying to answer your question. I think....

I believe that they are two different systems. You initially asked about the two sensors. I can't find anything mounted on the dash other than the red anti-theft light. So I figured this may be the sensor you asked about.

Lou...