Overdrive light blinking

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely the valve body seperator plate. And the epc servos. Early tracs had this problem. Get it to a shop imediatly. Could mean the difference of $700 repair vs a complete rebuild, if you wait too long.

I still trying to figure out why my intermittent 2-3 flair totally disappeared after replacing my DPFE sensor.

My 02/95k periodically comes on. It would only come on in the morning when driving out of the house for the fist time. I would pull over, stop, and restart and it would not come on again for weeks, and even in the warmer weather, months.

I had my tranny rebuilt last May, and now my O/D light is flashing. Taking it to the shop this week-I hope its something simple. Will update you-please do the same if you figure yours out. By the way, when I pulled it out, found out the previous owner also had it rebuilt-which means it went thru 3 trannys in 105,000 miles! I drive about 100 miles a day, and love my '01 sport trac, but tired of sinking money in it.

:soap:

Mine just started to blink also. 2001 w/162,000. The engine/rpms' starts to race when I get to about 25mph then if I let off the gas it settles down. The blinking is sparatic and not constant. Any fix on this would be appreciated. Just bought a 2007 crv cause i gave my intrepid away and can't afford another purchase right now.:bwahaha:

Latest posts