P0171 Code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Yatkowitz

Reaction score
Hi guys this is my first post and have an 01 ST with a production date of 3/2000. I have a check engine light with the code P0171. Can someone send me a picture of where this elbow is and if I have one.

Thank You

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't think so, thank you. What would casuse this check engine light to come on. Lean condition bank one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike

Mine, 2001, was a vacuum line at the back passengers' side of the engine. I had to climb on top of the engine to get to it.

good luck hope this helps

jerry

I just had this exact same problem. The 2 vacuum lines that run from the pcv valve and attach to the left and right side of the intake had collapsed. You can only see them collapsed with the engine running.

Build date of 3/2000. I think most of you don't realize that all the talk and pics of a Job 2 elbow won't help the original poster. Unless you're deliberately trying to fvck with his mind.

Actually, I missed the build date in the OP. The concept is the same though. Look for a cracked or collapsed vacuum line.

Sorry for the misdirection Mike. :(