P0401,P1400

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimDeb Runkel

Reaction score
The check engine light came on a few days ago......went to Autozone and had the codes read. Came up as code P401........he also said there was a secondary code of P1400. I did a search on the site and looks like everything points to the DPFE sensor . Am I "guessing" correctly ? Any input would be appreciated. TIM

Must be the DPFE season. Last night I got a P0402 "EGR Flow Excessive Detected". I cleared it with the ScanGauge and it hasn't come back....yet

There's a text file with the codes in my library.

Last edited by a moderator:
Call the dealer, tell them the year, etc. They will give you a price. Write it down. Call the parts stores in the area, or look it up online. They wll give you a price. Write those down. Pick the one with the lowest price.

Some stores that brag about having the lowest price will be substantially higher than another store. Not sure what chains are in your area. If I am not mistaken, I got my DPFE sensor at Advance Auto Parts. At that time, they were the cheapest.

Tom

I am using an aftermarket one and no problems.

Possibly the new one failed already? Call around and see if anyone can test that sensor. I doubt it, but it is possible.

Tom