P1506 code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis Mouser

Reaction score
check engine light just came on, P1506, something to do with the Idle Air Control, searched a prior post and someone mentioned the upper intake being cracked?...

I have never had this code before, am I looking at a water pump/coolant , vacum/intake issue, or did my IAC just poop on me, the truck runs at Idle, not perfectly smooth but idles between 600 and 800 RPM, it hasn't tried to die on me, I recently installed a highter flow cone filter and a 40 series flowmaster single out

my ST is a 2001 Job 2 (after july 2000) and have 109,000 miles on it..

Thanks in advance !

Dennis

If it was an upper manifold cracked, you would get a lean condition code.

If it has something to do with the Idle Air Control valve, I would say it would be safe to assume you might need to replace the Idle Air Control Valve.

Tom

I have the same issue and have been for about 2 months. I have replaced the idle air control valve with no results. I am assuming that I have a vacume leak somewhere or a cracked intake. I am trying to find out what it is. Mine is idleing very high. If you get your discovered please let me know and I will do the same for you.

P1506 Idle Air Control Overspeed Error

The truck is having a hard time lowering the idel...

Try cleaning the Throttle body, and adjusting a little down with the screw, maybe there is dirt trapped in there causing the loss of the seal.... IT should seal tight..

Todd Z