P1506

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James B 3

Reaction score
ok, sit back because I am going to tell you a story and hopefully someone can help me, please.

My idle has gone madd on my 01job1. It wanted to idle at 1500 in park and when I went from drive to park it would shoot up to 3000 before droping to 1800-2200 and sit there a minute or two. Anyway, it was throwing p1506. First I cleaned the IAC, no good so I replaced it. still no better. Discovered a leaking cooling system, get this, the lower part of the thermostat housing had been broken by the previous owner, I guess, anyway, someone fixed this by putting a metal threaded part on the lower thermostate hose forced it in the broken housing and sealed it with silicone. Guess it worked for a while, however, I got the fun job of removing everything in the world to replace the houseing, new housing, 150.00. Anyway, found a leak in a vacume hose and fixed that. While I had everything off, I cleaned my throttle body, replaced the upper seals in the intake and did the seafoam intake cleaning. Now, my idle is still at 1100 in park and when sitting in drive. It seems to be a little bit better but is still throwing the code P1506, over idle.

Any suggestions? Help me please. This idle is also causing my timing chain rattle to be awful, or can something be wrong with the timing chain rattle causing the idle issue.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

P1506 Idle Air Control Overspeed Error

Vaccume leak.....

improperly adjusted throttle body....

Cracked intakes are known on the ST 01 job 1

Todd Z

Carb cleaner test or propane test you can do on your own,,,,

a repair shop can do other tests....

Todd Z

when our intake was bad the idle was rough and engine would die, probably another vacuum leak somewhere. as for timing chain rattle you can probably pull your oil pan and find chunks of white plastic pieces of timing chain guide, and if like ours it'll be from the back chain against the firewall and replacing it means pulling motor to access it. run your VIN and see if you're lucky enough to be on the recall and get it fixed for free ( we were not...) if not you get to pull the motor oh what fun... the good news is other than that we've not had much trouble from our 01 job 1 and we're over 190,000 miles

susan

Latest posts