Paint came off...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Alvin

Reaction score
So I am washing my Adrenalin today and I notice in the roof track(where roof rails would be) that there is this black/brown sticky gunk along the inner edge. It doesn't come off while washing so I figure I'll hit it some bug&tar remover after I am done.

Well I decided to try some spray cleaner that I use on my bikes and it doesn't really work so I get the bug&tar cleaner and as I am cleaning the inner edge and the paint has come off...WTF....how shitty is the paint job on this vehicle. there is no way that paint should come off on a vehicle that is less than a month old.

So tomorrow I will stop by the dealer and make another warranty/defect claim. paint is missing on both sides. Also there is still black/brown sticky stuff along the egde as it did not all come off nor was I going to keep trying. That way the dealer can see the gunk. So Iwaxed the spots where the paint is missing to keep it protected.

What I think that sticky stuff is/was...is residue left over from those white platic protective covers that they ship vehicles with.

I will let everyone know what happens.

Had an entire hood repainted under warranty on a Chevy truck. Things happen in transit, and even on the paint line. Quality folks will tell you that's why there are warranties.

TJR

I wouldn't tell them what you did, only what you found...

Last edited by a moderator:
Les...I think you are right. I was just washing the roof and noticed paint was missing....WTF...and why is there this sticky black crap on here.

Red Rush,

Hopefully they won't ask what types of cleaners you used on the ST so it doesn't become an issue.

Good luck Red Rush. I hope it works out for you.

TJR

The less I tell them the better....and if they ask all did was wash with a microfiber wash mitt and Turtle Wax Ice car wash.