Paint cracking problem 2002 sport track wedge blue

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a problem with the paint cracking on the hood last year. The truck was still under warranty so ford painted the hood. Now that the warranty is over. I'm starting to see small cracks on the roof and the fenders. They look like small lines and some are shaped like Y's. Has anyone with the same year and color seen this problem. Ford claims that they have not heard from any customer about this problem. They claim that they have not heard on any paint defects. I told them that if it wasn't defective it would not have cracked a year ago. Anyways they do not want to fix the problem. Please post your comments if you have the same problem. I think this is something that ford should have to fix.

The same thing just showed up on my 2001 this summer. There have been a few others on the site that mentioned it but it has been along time since anyone has posted about this problem.

My old 95 Ranger started getting crow's feet under the clear coat and it was D.Green metallic. I bought it in 97 and noticed the cracks on the hood and roof edges maybe a year and a half after that. Disappointing to see it still happening on Tracs. You'd think somebody would have this figured out already.

I think everybody needs to complain to ford about this problem. I think a 30,000 dollar car should have a paint job that lasts more the 3 years.

Ford Cust Service - 800-392-3673.