Painting Grille Monday, how hard to remove?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Tollison 3

Reaction score
Going to be painting the stock grille monday and was wondering how hard is it to remove? Going to try to color match it with my ST.

Andrew

Last edited by a moderator:
Remove the bolts on top, Pull back lightly... Remove the bolts that hold on the ford emblem, Then un clip the grill around the inside and slide up.... Should take no more than 15 min to remove...

Todd Z

Notice the grill pattern behind the smaller inlets ("nostrils"). They are smaller hexagons than the main grill area. So when you paint them they may end up looking brighter because of the tighter surface area. Just a heads-up.

Thanks Todd Z and FlipTrac. I'll post some pics when I get it done. I think I am also going to paint the 4.0 L SOHC on the throttle body cover. Any suggestions on doing that?

Andrew

A good plastic parts cleaner and an adhesion promoter and good high temp paint...

Todd Z

Andrew, I painted my throttle body cover and hose with metal flake blue plastic paint. Its in my library under first mods. Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe try that new Krylon plastic paint if you can find a real close color to your trac,

for the throttle body cover... This stuff is supposed to be good for the plastic patio

furniture and chairs, and stuff that sits out in the hot sun all day and bakes!

Supposed to have an adhesion promoter built in!

Maybe wirth a try!;)

Latest posts