Painting stock cladding

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, if you do the Project on spray painting the cladding you will be very impressed with the results. I have pictures in my library of my end results. For 40 bucks and two hours of bonding time with your Trac it is overwhelmingly worth it.

Woppy

Painting the Cladding Black. All questions answered here. by sean sean, 1/23/2007 20:10 ET

Category - General Information

This project was done by TOM R. http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/

Painting the Cladding Black

By Tom R.

Many people were wondering how I completed this project and I want you all to know how it is done. I agree, I do not like the grey. I went to a local body shop where they do paint work. The cost was 160.00 for the bumpers and the sides with the side steps. The job was done in a day and a half. You will find this under the projects by tom. The neat thing is that if you ever have a problem with it you can easily touch it up completly un noticeable with the products shown under the projects for painting the chadling. Print the project out and bring it to the auto body to have then know what you want. Look it up and I will be happy to help you walk through the necessary steps. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

Remember to print out the project and take it to your local bodyshop. They can do this very cheaply, if not get another estimate. They will have to just remove the rear bumper, side chadling and side steps. This truely is the best thing I have done on my trac and it looks factory with no scraping or scratching. Also if you ever do scrape the bumper you can easily pick up the one can of spray paint listed on the project and it touches up undetectable. I honestly love it.

Hello All,

I have never had a single chip. I went to a body shop to have my done for 165.00 It is guranteed for 2 yrs. I honstly will have to say that I love it. I can post the phone # of my body painter in MA. He is an honest man.

Don Roy's Auto Body Appearance

(413) 593-5010 Write a Review 1416 Granby Rd

Chicopee, MA Map

re: Painting the Cladding Black. All questions answered here. by sean sean,1/25/2007 00:01 ET

If you get a chance enlarge my pics of my truck and you will see the excellent job CLOSE UP.

Did anyone here do thier IN PLACE, instead of taking it all off?

Also, will a high build primer rid of the bumpiness after a few coats?

Thanks.

I painted the front bumper in place. But the rest of the parts just pop off and a couple screws I think. But I do touch mine up in place all the time.

Latest posts