Part# Help

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy New Year!

I need help finding out what this part is called and a part number. It is a plastic/rubber 90-degree elbow that connects under the big upper radiator hose. There are 2 tubes that run from this area, one is metal and one is rubber. They run parallel I think one on top of the other and come out from under the throttle cover and turn 90-degrees and go to the rear of the engine and turn 90-degrees again. So I guess I need to know what these Lines are and what the part number is for the elbow. The elbow itself is maybe 3/4 to 1" wide and seems to be 2" on one side of the bend and 1" on the other. Both ends are female. The reason Im replacing it is because the bend collapsed and split and air is being sucked in. Part is for a 2002 ST 2wd

There is a thread dated 11/12/09 titled "Cracked Elbow". See if the picture is the part you are referring. There is a part number in the thread.

If I remembered who created these photos I'd give them credit, maybe Coastiejoe, IDK. I just saved them for my own info.

PCV Elbow KCV190 or 4L5Z - 6758 - HA or 4L5E - 6K817 - HA

28c0b49d56306bc8d7b2f9a95900b5e0.jpg

0958618ac1633a54e431c61ea04b0226.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not replace the "infamous elbow" with a 90 degree stainless braided fuel or oil line?

Is it 5/8" or 3/4" I.D.? Feedback appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as how this line has two elbows, does the rear one never crack? I've heard the front one cracks from oil settling in it??? Is that from a bad/stuck PCV valve?