Part #?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I did a bunch of searching and I am looking to get the right part# for the rear pads on an '05 on Rockauto.com, and I'm confused.

There are two trade #'s the 667 and the 881. Did a search on here, and it looks to be the phenolic piston which leads me to these part #'s:

Wagner = MX667A

or

Monroe = DX881

I want just the regular semi-metallic's, not the ceramic pads. There are many different listings, sometimes I think the Rockauto site is wrong.

I know if you go to Advance Auto, you will walk out of there with the wrong pads for the rear brakes. I had to get a set for my wife's Mountaineer ('05) and low and behold, they were the exact part number as the ones I found at a local parts place. I told the guy at the counter and we compaired the numbers they had and looked at the shoes they had for the ST, and none of them would have fit. All the numbers they had for the Mountaineer would have though. The problem is the mounting bracket on the back of the shoes will be to big. Be careful. Maybe try using "05 Mountaineer as your search.;)

Latest posts