Patriot's Day

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to my calendar it is today.

This day of observance should not be (but often is) confused with Patriots' Day, a holiday celebrated primarily in northern New England, Massachusetts, and the Adirondack region of New York. It commemorates the Battle of Lexington and Concord during the American Revolutionary War.

Volfireman07, I did a little research, and I stand partially corrected. However, I was partially right too.

"Patriots' Day" (also spelled "Patriots Day" or "Patriot's Day"--note the constant presence of the "s" at the end of the first word) is in April.

"Patriot Day" (no "s") is September 11.

On a side note, the article I found in Wikipedia mentions that there's some controversy about the name of the September 11 date, "as the day is intended as a memorial to the victims of a terrorist attack and arguably has nothing to do with patriotism or patriots." I have to agree--while it's admirable and commendable to show patriotism on this (and every) day, "Remembrance Day" or something like that is a far more appropriate name for the anniversary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever it is called,,,,,,,,,,,,,we will never forget and give thanks to all of those that gave their lives trying to sift through the hell that was NYC that day. The resulting war that we live with daily isn't worth the lives that continue to be lost. This government can find anyone they want to find,,,,,,,,,,if they really want to,,,,,,,,,so why not Osama????

I dunno--Look at how long it took to find Ted Kaczinski (sp?), and they'd still be looking for him if they didn't get some assistance from his brother. And that was within our borders. So not being able to find Osama, anywhere in the whole world, with no familial assistance, doesn't surprise me.

BillV those looking for a conspiracy will always find one.

Osama hasn't been found because he continues to stay one step ahead of us and we lack the intelligence in the right places to infiltrate his organization and determine his whereabouts. That's the reason...no conspiracy there.

The WTC towers fell much like imploded buildings not because they were imploded, but because the fire-retardant insulation was blown of the steel girders during plane impact/explosion and were then compromised after close to an hour of being exposed to extreme heat; that caused one upper floor to fall on a lower, and the buildings then fell straight down in a domino fashion...again, no conspiracy there.

But the theorists would imply that Osama was either a scapegoat, or a govt operative, or both, and the buildings were detonated.

People need to take off the tinfoil hats, especially today, and not conjecture recklessly why Osama hasn't been caught, etc.

TJR

I highly recommend the book "102 Minutes". Explains a lot about the buildings construction, poor safety design and also explains why firefighters hate Giuliani.

PLEASE don't turn this into a debate. at LEAST for one day,

just remember everyone that perished that day as well as their family's. say a prayer for them ! we also have to remember that as Americans we all have to stand united !

NEVER FORGET & GOD BLESS AMERICA !!!

Never Ever Forget and don't let the following generations forget!

And on that, I had this item sent to me today. I hope its true. I know if it would have been me I would have loved to do the same thing.

The Budweiser Story (not a joke) This is TRUE! How Budweiser handled those who laughed at those who died on the 11th of September, 2001...Thought you might like to know what happened in a little town north of Bakersfield ,California . On September 11th, a Budweiser employee was making a delivery to a convenience store in a California town named McFarland. He knew of the tragedy that had occurred in New York when he entered the business to find the two Arabs, who owned the business, whooping and hollering to show their approval and support of this treacherous attack. The Budweiser employee went to his truck, called his boss and told him of the very upsetting event! He didn't feel he could be in that store with those horrible people. His boss asked him, "Do you think you could go in there long enough to pull every Budweiser product and item our beverage company sells there? We'll never deliver to them again." The employee walked in, proceeded to pull every single product his beverage company provided and left with an incredible grin on his face. He told them never to bother to call for a delivery again. Budweiser happens to be the beer of choice for that community. Just letting you know how Kern County handled this situation. And Now The Rest Of The Story: It seems that the Bud driver and the Pepsi man are neighbors. Bud called Pepsi and told him. Pepsi called his boss who told him to pull all Pepsi products as well!!! That would include Frito Lay, etc. Furthermore, word spread and all vendors followed suit! At last report, the store was closed indefinitely.

You didn't have to shoot me down so soon. I still believe that there similar things like this that happened after 9/11. But no matter, we must always remember those that died and be thankful for those that came to help.