PCV Tube/Hose - valve replacement

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Hennessy

Reaction score
It has been a while since I last visited this site, but I knew this was the place to come to find what I was looking for. I found the write-up on changing the valve (by Todd Zabbbia)...that is pretty good.

In addition to the valve, I am also changing the tube (the elbow hose split at the PCV). Any insight or experienced cautionary wisdom anyone have to share?

Thanks, Train. I already saw that one. I was concerned that the plastic tube will break easily. I wanted to know if there are any "gotcha's" to consider.

In my experience, I wouldn't worry about the plastic tube becasue you have to buy the whole assy from the dealer which includes the tube. Wasn't able to find just the elbows myself.

Ok...let me be more clear. In addition to the new PCV, I have the full assembly as shown below:

[Broken External Image]:

Are there any concerns when installing the new part (obviously after the old one is removed).

Ok...so I was overly cautious in posting here prior to making the change. This was a piece of cake to change and my surging idle was eliminated.

Latest posts