PCV Valve

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Dacher

Reaction score
Did the Seafoam and cleaned up the throttle body and the Trac seems to have more pep and accelerates faster.

Since I have 80k miles on my 2001 Job 1, I thought it would be a good idea to change the PCV valve. I looked at the instructions on Todd Zs project and for the life of me I couldn't find the PCV valve. The project showed it to be at the back end of the valve cover on the driver's side. I looked with a flashlight and felt around but couldn't find it. My question is, is the PCV on a 2001 Job1 in a different area? I also looked on the passenger side but couldn't find it there either but there are more things in the way on that side.

Thanks in advance.

Next week I should have the Taylor plug wires in from Jegs, they have been on back order for a couple of weeks, and will change the plugs, wires and rear end oil (with Royal Purple).

All the posted projects sure make it a lot easier to perform a lot of the maintenance.

here is some info i found on another forum...

SO, when I did go over to the passenger side and feel around behind the engine near the firewall, sure enough, there is a tee with two small hoses (approx. 3/8" diameter) heading left and right and a larger hose (approx 3/4" diameter) heading down. Pull off the lower hose and you have the PCV valve exposed. The original, in my case, was plastic, unlike the Purolator replacement I purchased (which was metal). This had contributed to my not finding it on the first go around, because I thought the plastic I was seeing was a tee, not the valve. The smaller end of the PCV valve is pushed into the plastic tee. Extremely quick maintenance once you know where it is.

Yes, the 2001 JOB 1 is different.....

Todd Z

Latest posts