PDBL option on '07 Job2 gone?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Johnson

Reaction score
I was just on Ford's website, trying to price out a new 07 now that the nav system is available. I noticed that the power rear window (PDBL) option is gone now. Does anyone know why?

I don't think the PDBL was ever on the website as an option? Was it? The reason I remember this is I very carefully printed everything I wanted out before heading to the dealer to put my order in. I put the order in, varified it with my printout thought all was good. Talking to one of the salesman he mentioned the window. Screaming alarms went off in my head...how could I forget that...! :eek: Went back to the computer and added it to the order. :D I remember it was not on my printout because it was not available on the website. The reverse sensing system was not on there either but I remembered to pencil that in.

I did see the PDBL option on the website for a while, and remembering it being something like $285. Now it's gone. Is it standard now?

I didn't know there was a reverse sensing system for the Sport T!racs You learn something new every day! So how much is that option, if you don't mind me asking?

well i purchased my 07 w/ slider on the 4th of july and a guy i work with got his three weeks later w/o a power slider. hhmmmm dont think its standard

PRM -- Thanks for the info. The Reverse Sensing System is a lot cheaper than I thought. I wonder why they don't list it on the website?

XST-- I guess I'm being stupid or something. So the PDBL is standard now?

All -- Are there any other factory options available for the 07 that aren't listed on Ford's website? (If I'm going to order it, I want EVERYTHING!)

Get the homelink garage door opener. It is in the Sport Trac accessory catalog. I did not know it was available when I ordered mine, so I had to order the mirror with thomelinf seperately. It was 246 dollars shipped. I should have it tomorrow.

A1Cntrler..... About the Homelink Mirror.... Are you going to install it yourself or is the dealer going to? I'm thinking of telling my dealer to order it and install it.

Is it a hard install?

Thanks,

jfire

The option code for the PDBL is 617 and it has been available to add as an option since late May-early June. I added the PDBL option when I ordered my 2007 ST which I have not received yet. I find it very odd and very unacceptable that you can add the option when you order through your dealer but when you go to the Ford website to "build" your 2007 ST, the PDBL option has still not been added yet. I know this for a fact because I have visited the Ford website(fordvehicles.com) and "built" my vehicle many times including today. Sometimes I really wonder if anybody at Ford really knows(or cares) what the hell is going on. How much trouble can it be for Ford to at least have all the available options listed? Job 2 has already started and the new options are not listed on the Ford website nor do I expect them to be this year. The chrome option, the reverse sensing system option, and the new colors that are available with Job 2 probably won't show up on their website until next year. If the general public can find out the available options and option codes, can't the Ford division that runs their website find out as well? It's not too hard to figure out why Ford is losing hundreds of millions of dollars a year.

Sometimes I really wonder if anybody at Ford really knows(or cares) what the hell is going on.

The problem seems to be with whoever is maintaining the US web site. If you check out the Ford Canada site you'll see that it's very up to date.

From the very beginning, the '07 ST showed up on the Canada site weeks before the US site had any information on it. Sad!