PDBL's on Lots?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris G

Reaction score
I know they started production May 2nd-- I was wondering if anyone has seen any STs with PDBL on lots or if anyone has received their order for one? Ford's build & price website doesn't show the option yet.

Pro'ly REALLLL soon. (It was actually 5/1...all Added Starters are the first week of the month.) The original ST experienced the same thing - that piece of glass is one heavy mother, and a challenge to engineer. Originally it would have gone all the way up, tho the momentum and force of the glass is enough to cause issues. That's why you have the 2" detent at the top. :cool:

Thanks R -- how many of those get churned out a day?

Truc Trac-

He probably wanted to make sure you bought yours that day and didn't wait. The PDBL is a $245 Option (code 617) -- i ordered mine on 4/24 with one-- and a build date of 6/5

THE PDBL will start production on ( / / ) HAHA,, I know the production date, But was sworn not to tell.....:p

Lets say it will be a good treat to some people...

AND yes it will be offered 100%...

Todd Z

I think Todd Z's the one who's been smokin'! 100%? In your dreams..........it's a free-standing option. ;)

R, Shall I clarify??? I did not say Standard, I said offered.... that means it is an option... sheesh,..

Todd Z

I ordered a Limited back in April when Ford first allowed this option to be ordered. The vehicles have been all ready scheduled, but will not begin being built until June 5th. This is the first production line of Job 2 for the Sport Trac. They have been waiting for commodities to be available to both offer the PDBL and fix the handle issue on the doors. So you should not see any with this option until late June to early July.

The handle issue will be addressed by them adding a cut out in the top of the arm rest in which fingers can be inserted. This allows you to better close the door than the existing pull bar located toward the mid lower section of the door does.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll bet close to 100% of those who have had the PDBL will want it. Can't imagine not having it...

I checked around here, no PDBLs.

BT - june 5th for job 2? I thought it was July 31st.

Sorry for the misinterpretation. 100% in our terms means Standard. Anything less indicates optional. It's like saying, "I'm going to the zoo to see animals."

Freestanding option on all series is the Motownspeak. "Offered 100%" means nothing...i.e. offered as STD or OPT is clearer.

Sorry, not an ignorant salesman person here, Dealership Owner. And I do know this product well. We have 3 orders that were placed in April with this option and all have been scheduled to be built on June 5th. I have also spoken with our Ford Rep and she has indicated that this was the earliest date that any Sport Tracs with this option would be started in our region, the Southwest.

So as to the May, and July dates, I can not answer. I know Ford has been awaiting commodities to free up and it appars at least in our region this option will finally be able to be installed on future builds. June 5th was the date we had always heard in our region.

And I am sorry that your salesman misinformed you. I am sure he is on commission and had incentive to deceive you. He needed the sale for himself and the dealership as they needed to sell you what they had. This is bad business, but unfortunately it is the way many dealerships do business. My understanding is also, that it will not be easy to retrofit. So you are likely stuck without one.

As to Job 2, I did misspeak. It begins July 31st and that is when the Ipod type jack for the entertainment systems will be offered, etc. However the June 5th build date is the first date the PBDLs will be offered.

Last edited by a moderator: