Pen Marks on Armrest

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Lynch

Reaction score
Okay, I know...long time no post...

I finally am home long enough to clean the ST thoroughly, and I have a problem that I hope someone here has had to deal with before.

I was recently wearing a uniform in my ST with a pocket on the sleeve for a pen or pencil. I had a retractable ball-point in there, and it was extended and went through the fabric. Well, needless to say it "wrote" all over my armrest all the way home.

So far I have tried the following:

OxyClean (both full-strength and diluted)

Simple Green with a toothbrush

Nail Polish Remover

Pencil Eraser

All to no avail. Hopefully someone can give me some assistance with this nagging issue. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone is doing well. Have a great 4th!!

Randy

I'm a corporate aircraft maint tech and on occasion we'll have a passenger who does the very same thing. I use isopropl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) on a clean white cloth or paper towel. Automotive fabrics and leathers are much different than those used in aircraft so test a small area out of view just to be sure it doesn't take off any dyes that treat the area you're trying to clean.

Use the Mr Clean magic eraser like Ray said. You'll be amased at all the dirt and stuff it gets rid of. I use it on my 01St and it's great.:)

Thanks folks!!

I am going to buy a Mr.Clean Eraser tomorrow, and I'll let you know how it works. If that doesn't work, I'll try the alcohol idea.

Thanks again,

Randy

Well, bummer.

The Eraser did not work, but all was not lost with that. I was able to clean some other stubborn shoe scuff marks off some of the interior plastic with it, so that is good.

The Eraser did not work on anything rubberized like the armrest.

So, I guess I will have to live with it.

Thanks anyway.

Randy