Pennzoil Multi-Vehicle ATF (Transmission)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex Gonzalez

Reaction score
Going to get a transmission fluid flush on the '03 ST. I know the Ford Mercon V is the recommended fluid, but has anyone ever used any of the multi-vehicle fluids and been satisfied with the results? A local service shop uses Pennzoil Multi-Vehicle ATF (see link for info).

I had mine done about 15k miles ago and my friends shop used Wolf's Head ATF (also said on the back it was compatable to Mercron V) and have had no problems to date with my tranny. I'm sure you will hear otherwise.;)

Why play with fire ????

For a couple of $$ now, you can save a lot of $$ later...

Todd Z

The shop that uses the Pennzoil Multi-Vehicle ATF was only going to charge $89, but I ended up going to the Ford dealer and paying $159 for the ATF Flush. Their normal price was $179 or $189, but you can always talk them down $20 or so. I receive coupons from my Ford dealer, but I hadn't seen an ATF Flush deal in a long time, but I was good with $159. I was surely overdue at 46k, and this being the first time the tranny was serviced. The only issue I was really noticing was the shifter was going through the gears pretty rough. Big difference now.

I have been using Redline for the last year and no problems. I am going to switch to Royal purple.Because I can get it easier. I am working on a home made trans fluid changer now. hahahahah. does the mad scientist laugh and hand movements._Ron

Someone before tried to build a home made fluid changer.

It didn't work. Hope yours will.

Good luck!!!

Tom

It's pretty easy with a bug sprayer and some hose fittings. You just flush into one of the tranny cooler lines and drain from the other.

Latest posts