Performance Parts for a 4.0 ??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony brizag

Reaction score
SO other than a k&n intake and some exhaust does anyone actually make like an intake manifold or power pulleys or camshafts or billet valve covers, any other performance parts for the 4.0 v6. ( man i wish i had some cool aluminum valve covers to kinda brighten up my engine a little) Have you all seen the supercharger for the new 4.0 mustangs? wonder if that would work on our trucks?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony,

I drove around with the Flowmaster muffler and the K&N filter for a year before I started doing other mods. Those are two great places to start. If I had it to do all over again, I'd go with the XCal FIRST. That is the BEST mod available for the sport trac. I've said it dozens of times here, EVERYONE SHOULD GET ONE!!!

With the xcal, you get improved performance and/or mileage and your transmission will work CORRECTLY. I don't know what Ford was thinking when they programmed the transmission like they did. It's absolute TRASH from the factory. The xcal will fix that.

You will start to see more performance parts now that they've put the 4.0 in the mustang. It's been said by several on this site that putting the 4.0L engine in the mustang was the best thing that could have happened to sport trac owners. It's going to open up a lot of performance doors for us. I'm pretty excited about that.

Good Luck with your horsepower search.

Baron_iv, its better to do the Xcal last because it would be programmed for your other mods. I'm really happy with mine and I do agree it is the best performance mod besides a S/C :cool:.

It's relatively easy to get an updated tune. I believe that wayne offers updated tunes for 6 months after you buy the xcal. If you get it first, then wayne can send you an upgraded tune for anything that you might add. If I remember correctly, he also sells subscriptions for additional time, so no matter what you do to your trac, he can just send you a new tune for it via email, you add it to your xcal via your computer, then upload to your trac's computer. :)

Hmm I dont know too much about the new one since I have the first one so I would have had to send it back to him. Sounds like good stuff to me lol.