Performance priority

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64117

Reaction score
Hey Todd Z & other advanced Mod lovers,

would it be possible to get a list of Mods for performance , rated in their priority. Let's say you just bought a used 2003 ST. What would be done and in what order? Since you have experience with all those Mods, I am curious to see what you would do knowing what you got from each Mod. thanks in advance,

DanG

1. Intake

2. Exhaust

3. Tune

4. Y-Pipe

5. U/D pulleys and water pump / alternator pulleys

6. Throttle Body

7. MAF

8. Plugs/wires (and ignition, still in the works)

9. Headers

10. Nitrous

11. Supercharger

12. New Transmission

My personal #1 would be to change the oil to a good synthetic like Royal Purple. Upgrade the shocks & rear anti-sway bar = no brainer. A cold air intake would be my next choice; then possibly a cat-back exhaust system. After that the choice is pretty much yours. I'm sure Todd Z will list a whole bunch of stuff. :D

Ditto what Jeff said. I've done a couple of those out of that order as fundage allows, but basically that's it.

Here's how I've done mine so far, and I've got more than just engine mods listed, because I believe they help overall performance as well.

1. Swaybar

2. Better tires

3. Intake

4. Exhaust

5. 3 inch drop

6. Tune

7. Throttle body

---not accomplished yet---

8. brakes

9. Y-pipe

10. high flow cat

11. performance engine rebuild

12. supercharger

13 new transmission

Dan,

Depends if you want go, go go or you want handling with it...

There is a ton of stuff from small to large improvements...

I would start small with basic bolt ons like intake, exhaust, xcal...

Then get into pulleys, ypipes, cats, Maf, ignition...

Todd Z

I think the best thing to start off with would be a flasher of some sort. Yes I am biased since I do this for a living but given that fact that you can use it to impact so many aspects of the vehicle to meet your personal taste. Its a good starting point and you can use it to maximize HP/TQ down the road when you want to incorporate other changes.

Also do not change the MAF unless your pegging your stock unit. Most do not realize how vital it is to every aspect of the PCM calibration that a good transfer function matched to the MAF is.

Take care,

Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - (Owner)

http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com

http://www.srt8tuning.com

SCT Custom Chip / Flasher dealer

Wideband Dyno tuning is back on !!!