Photo of rear view mirror, 2005?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guswah

Reaction score
When I bought my SportTrac a month ago, the rear view mirror was on the passenger seat. It had been jarred off somehow and the previous owner hadn't had time to re-attach it. The only thing attached to the windshield was an antennae, just a piece of plastic with two wire prongs. Sorry, but I forgot to take a photo.

There are no SportTracs here in my little community. I need to see how the mirror re-attaches. The plastic thing on the antennae looks as though there is some glue on it, but then so does the space above it on the windshield.

Can somebody tell me if the rear view mirror assembly attaches to the glass, or does it attach to the antennae? Of course what would be best is an actual photo of what it's suppose to look like fully installed.

With great appreciation!

Google "2005 SportTrac rear view mirror" for some pics\vids
that may help.

my 2004 doesn't have any antenna, the rearview is just glued to the glass. I have re-glued mirrors on other cars after cheaping out on new windscreen installs when the installer didn't do a good job of glueing the mirror to the new windshield.
Permatex makes a rearview mirror-specific adhesive, auto parts store should have it.

Thanks, Dillard. That's where I first went. I couldn't find a good photo, one that actually shows the attachment of the RV mirror and the antennae. I'm back to hoping someone will just shoot one and post it.
my 2004 doesn't have any antenna, the rearview is just glued to the glass. I have re-glued mirrors on other cars after cheaping out on new windscreen installs when the installer didn't do a good job of glueing the mirror to the new windshield.
Permatex makes a rearview mirror-specific adhesive, auto parts store should have it.
Yes, I have the RV-mirror-specific glue. I just needed to know if the mirror is glued to the glass or glued to the antennae. I have a hunch it's glued to the glass. Maybe the antennae in my SportTrac is an after-market thingy.

Well, the vehicle DOES have a block heater -- something not often seen here on the west coast. So your guess at a remote starter makes perfect sense. I mean, who the hell wants to leave the house to start 'er up at 6am when there's a foot of snow?

I should probably just remove it. It does have a plug that appears to go into the rear view mirror.

Last edited:
There is a small metal piece that is attached to the mirror. That piece slides out of a channel on the mirror. This piece gets glued to the windshield ( you must find the appropriate spot), once glued to the windshield with mirror glue (from any hardware store). Let sit overnight and then slide the mirror channel back to the metal piece. Eiser than I made it sound.
Ed

Latest posts