**PICS** of new System '07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Tassillo

Reaction score
i took pics after the fact so they are not step by step

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

and to keep honest people honest and to page me when dumbasses with bad thoughts in their head touch my shit...... 2way paging

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
What model JL's are those? (Looks like W3's?)

Looks really good.. any idea what the box is tuned too?

I can only assume it sounds good.. but does it shake good too? :)

I can't tell from the pic, but it doesn't look like you had to remove the storage bin?? Are they divided within that box or are they all in the same enclosure? That is what I would like my box to look like Jacob--except for with my one lonely 12" Pioneer Shallow mount in it. I don't need all the boom from the JL's. Just something that will shake my seat and annoy the wife ;)

That is Awesome!!! Congrats on the new setup. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it run you and how does it sound?

Wouldn't it be cool if we could replace the little blue Celica, or whatever it is on the remote,

with an actual picture of our 'Trac!

I.E., digital picture, download to P.C., upload through usb, etc...:cool:

Star Trek is HERE!!!

Good pics, MP, I can even see the details of the speaker thru the grille mesh!;)

Tell us about the positive battery terminal, thats cool. Where did you get it?

What battery are you using? Get a bigger alternator?

well let me answer all posts in one post....... the speakers in the enclosure are JL 6 W 0. yep thats right 4 6'' sub woofers. you would be supprised how well it sounds. its tunned somewhere around 48 hz. it produces all frequencies except the real real low freq. you should see the curve on these speakers. i did not remove the storage bin but i may if i feel i need two more subs. i work for a shop and a manufacturer (Stinger Electronics) (Car Tunes) so it didnt cost me a whole lot most of it besides the 6" woofers were out of my RSX so if i remember correctly it was about 2,000 to 2,300 dollars. the head unit was the most expensive part its the alpine IVA-D310 pulse touch touch screen. retail at the time was like 1600 and i got it through my shop for 1200. i have so many people to include audiophiles get in my trac and are like where the fuck did u hide the 12's and i just smile and show them the box and they are lik all that sound from 4 6's. the speakers in the doors are ALPINE Type R Coaxial 6.5. it would be tits if you could replace the celica with a trac but no can do at this time. the positive terminal i purchased from work (Stinger Electronics) it sences voltage change and will turn on and show you the voltage. it has a tiny grround wire comming off that can be hooked to a hood pin or directly to ground. im still ruinning stock battery but im soon to upgrade to the Stinger SP1700, 1700 CCA and its the same size oh and did i mention deap cell. using the stock alternator. i had an issue in my 05' RSX with the lights dimming but with the monster of a battery in the trac i dont have that issue anymore. thanks guys for all the props and if anyone has any ?'s let me know will be happy to answer them.

Tony,

You hear any good things about the the available install for add-on display/wireless headphones/etc. for rear passengers? Listening to your iPod while the back seat is engrossed in a movie rocks.

yeah that will come when i decide to put the monitors in the headrests. may be a bit as i have no use for them (no kids yet) but when i do i will have the monitors.

Looks like a scrutinizing review - is there an effort to work out the details?

(click on "Return to all user opinions" for the review @ the link below)

MPTony,

Very slick! I like the battery cable connectors, too. Couple of questions about them:

1. I assume the allen screws are for attaching the cable to the connector, but how does the connector attach to the battery post? In other words, how easy is it to disconnect the Stinger from the battery?

2. Can you give, or receive, a jump start without scratching them easily?

Thanks.

i set up a post under the hood that im able to access to jump the battery off. the top allen bolts are for tightening the terminal on the post. there are two underneath (on flipside) for tightening the cable.