Pics of the door

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JK II

Reaction score
Today I've been sanding and smoothing my door panels in the truck. Here is one that is almost ready to be primed. As you can see below I've been trying to get rid of those little octagons in that lower panel.

[Broken External Image]:

Comparison to the inner part.

[Broken External Image]:

Comments/Criticism welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Criticism?

Your garage is messy.

The panels look to be coming along well. Although you could saved a lot of time by simply fiberglassing the doors.....

What are you gonna do about the HEXAGONS on the speaker grille?

Your garage is messy.

Yeah well there isnt much room anyways with 3 Harleys. I could've but it'd be a lot more messy with 'glass. As for the speaker grill I might just get a different one. Something like yours but a less lame one :lol::cool:.

Thanks GM!

No. But you might be able to buy them alone.

<a href="http://shop.polkaudio.com/customer/product_info.php?cPath=6&products_id=54" target="top">These</a> are sub grilles, smallest size is 8", so it may be too big for your application. You could always mold them in (and get rid of the screw holes at the same time) and paint them to with the doors.

What grit paper? Does it sand down fairly decently?

Might be something I might give a shot...

Wonder if a dremel might work good, I just got the XTR400 or something kit today to cut my backpanel.... might go too quick and just melt tho?

What color you going to paint?

I've been using 220 for now. It does sand down decent. I melted part of the inside but its not noticable. I'm going to paint it black and yellow.

what is that from... is that from the ford amirillo? f250 or f350... cause that what my buddies getting in next week.. he said it was detailed in yellow...

Yeah thats only 1 panel. I need to do the other 3. I can only work on them about an hour a day so its going to take a while to finish them. I hope to have this one primed by saturday.

Latest posts