PICS : Sreamin Daemon coil pack from Underdog update !! WORKS !!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Well, I got the ST running this morning with it installed.....

I sent the information to Wayne for testing on his end.....

I think once this is worked out ( about 1 week) these should be available for sale on the st !!!!

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
X2. Mines working. I've been waiting to data log my xcal II until this was installed. Thanks a bunch Todd. I am back on track. It doesn't look like a pigtail needs to be made. This is plug and play using Todds revised plug wire arrangement. I'll feed the info to the manufacturer and see what their thought is.

Todd--When you said Wayne, I was kind of confused... It is a shame that name brings up some bad memories.. I had to do a double take, and then check out Underdog's profile. I was relieved! What does this coilpack look like??

Here's a pic of the two side by side. The only difference is the electrical input. One points up, one goes out the side.

[Broken External Image]:

here is word for word from the manufacturer:

The Screamin' Demon Coil is designed to produce a longer duration spark and allow plug gaps to be opened up to an astounding .060" - .065". This will burn the fuel mixture more efficiently for increased performance and better fuel mileage. This will also help spark plugs stay cleaner longer. In addition, the intensity of the Screamin' Demon's spark does not drop off as the rpm's increase, which is common with stock ignition systems.The Screamin' Demon Coil is epoxy filled, leading to improved heat transfer and vibration resistance.

Produces 45,000 Volts under load. The "under load" feature or what we call the acceleration phase is important because that is the feature that allows you to run the wider plug gaps.

Many coil manufacturers produce a high voltage coil at idle, but then they drop off drastically as you accelerate(under load conditions).

Do they only make them like that, or do they also make coil packs that install directly onto the plugs??

edit: Not for the ST..I was thinking of my wife's 300M Special--factory without plug wires--coils are directly on the plugs...

This is made for a Mustang 3.8 V6. I called them and they told me it fit the 4.0 SOHC. On that word I ordered stock and it turned out it didn't fit. Todd bailed me out on this one as he "cracked the code" if you will. I do not foresee a specific model anytime soon if at all.

The plug only installs one way so that is not a problem. Historically, which wire goes where is engraved in the stock coil pack. You can carve the numbers into the new coil pack with an ice pick. That woud be my only concern- a mechanic hooking up the wires wrong. Having it marked will resolve that.

All in all it's a 15-20 minute install. Todd mentioned having to take one plug wire and pull some slack from the loom to get it to reach.

Now that it is resolved, I am sending one to an Explorer owner who is very detailed and thorough in his quest for MPG. He's been waiting for fitment confirmation. He should give me feedback in a couple of weeks.

Installed and running GREAT !!!!

You can definitely feel a throttle response increase and a top end pull...

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Now that it is resolved, I am sending one to an Explorer owner who is very detailed and thorough in his quest for MPG. He's been waiting for fitment confirmation. He should give me feedback in a couple of weeks.

Gotta be a guy named Al from Florida... :)

George-I can ship out Monday, you'll have it Wednesday-Thursday.

Adam- you nailed it.

Here's a link to the product:

A1cntrler

I'm guessing your wife's car is set up somethinglike my Mazda3. It has no distributor, but the coil packs are directly attached to the plugs, as far as I understand. A buddy explained it to me, but I don't know if I understood him correctly. Here's a picture of my set up:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts