Pioneer Ultimate Audio System HU

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared Strube

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I got my Kenwood in and working flawlessly, so I now would like to sell the Pioneer HU. If any of you are interested or have questions, shoot me an email with an offer including shipping. It works super, the ST only has 7000 miles on it.

[Broken External Image]:

I am sure this thing is not self-amplified, and I just integrated the stock amp in my system. So, your system will definitely need a separate amplifier, unless you have the Adrenalin with the Pioneer 510 Watt Ultimate Audio System and just need to replace this unit for some reason.

Thanks,

strube

Dennis,

It should fit any ST, however, it won't plug right in to systems without the audiophile sound systems with the sub, and you will still need to add the amp, so you will have to do some interesting things with the wiring.

Mel,

I believe they got rid of rear controls sometime before 2004 and my ST is a 2005 so I did not have them and I do not know if this unit has that functionality.

Ryan,

Ideally, I hope to get $250 or thereabouts, including shipping, though I am open to offers.

Thanks for your interests, guys.

strube

I just want a better head unit/door amp. :cool:

So your saying that the head unit is only a tuner/CD player and there are 2 extra AMPs in your ST. I have the audophile one and I know there's an AMP in back with the sub. I did not know there was another AMP some where else, behind the glove box???...

If your not using the, doors AMP, do you want to sell it also. If so I'd be intrested in both. I really don't like the layout of the Autophile one, plus more power if there another AMP on-board or off-board.

Larry,

Actually, here is what I believe to be true. The 04-05 Adrenalin system has only one amp. It is a 5 channel amp, that is, four channels for front and rear doors, and one channel for the sub, and the head unit is just what you said, a 6 disc cd player and tuner, there is no amplification built into the head unit. This means better sound quality because there are not all of those extra electronics that generate noise in the signal as it is read from the disc or acquired from the tuner.

I don’t know whether your audiophile system has the same setup with a 5 channel amp in the back, or just a 1-2 channel amp for the sub and a built in HU amp for the doors.

I am just trying to sell the adrenalin head unit, because I am still using the factory amp.

If your system is set up the same as mine, with the 5 channel factory amp in back, this should plug right in and work fine. If it is just a single channel amp for the sub, it will still plug right in the factory harness, but you would need to add an aftermarket 4 channel amp to power the door speakers, which, I believe, would still be fairly simple to do (plus, you would have much, much better than stock amplification for your doors). Either way, I am guessing that the harness that runs to the amp in back is the same for mine and yours, because I think Ford probably used the same harness for both systems, in which case it would be extremely easy to add an aftermarket amp if necessary.

If you have other questions, let me know and I will see if I can find out anything. If you want, I can send you a picture of my amp and the connections to it to compare with yours.

If you are still interested in just the head unit, please let me know.

Thanks,

strube

Latest posts