~ Plate options

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not even certain that SVT exists as "SVT" anymore. I read something somewhere (probably autoblog) that SVT in the "SVT" form no longer exists and that's why they have not come out with an SVT vehicle until the STA concept in 2005.

It does exist to a degree. The Shelby GT500 is a product of Ford SVT. SVT doesn't function anymore as its own entity per se, like when John Coletti ran the team. It's been rolled into the new Ford Performance Group. If you click on the "Drive a Hot Ford" link on the FPG site, it shows all of the vehicles that fall under the FPG umbrella, and the 2008 STA is one of them.

SVT images from the GT500 page on Ford's web site:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I was gonna suggest NiteNite, but you said you wanted to see the diver in the middle, and it's too many letters. Oh well. I like SVT STA. On another note, I remember seeing a hearse when I was in college that had a plate that said U21DAY. :p

psycareyo said:
I bet they would have sold more 08 STA units if they badged them as SVT.

Agreed!

XST said:

It's not available....I already tried that!

anyone else have any more options? I think I might be able to go Friday to get this done...or at least ordered!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather stay with the 3 and 3 letters because I want to be able to see the Diver on the plate.

You may want to actually confirm that doing a 3-3 configuration would allow you to still see the diver before ordering anything. In Minnesota, the most common plate has a 3-3 configuration with an image in the middle. But if you customize it, you lose that image--even if you intentionally put a space in the middle.

Narrowed it down to these in order:

1. SVT STA...(Special Vehicle Team Sport-Trac Adrenalin)

2. SPT TRC...(Sport-Trac)

3. AQA DVR...(Aqua Diver)

4. FST STA...(Fast Sport-trac Adrenalin)

5. REC DVR...(Wreck Diver or Recreational Diver or Rescue Diver....in which I am all the above)

.....are availabel

Thanks for all the great replies and help!! I filled in teh application today and will be taking it in the morning to have processed...

Decided to go with:

SVT STA

:D

Latest posts