Please help with my lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am in the process of lifting my 2003 sport trac and I purchased a 3 inch performace accessories body lift, warrior shackles for a tt/sl lift and ranch rsx5000 shocks. My friend has already completed the body lift but he says that the rsx5000 shocks will not accomodate the addtional lift from the shackles and the tt. He said that I will need other shocks because they are not long enough. Is this true? Will I have to purchase another set of shocks and if so which shocks will fit given these circumstances? If anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated.

You have to get the shocks with the 2-3 in extra, when you bought them the sales person should have asked you if you had a lift on you truck you can get the rancho 5000's with that lift see if you can exchange them

You will be fine with those shocks. The only other shocks you could consider are the superlift shocks....there are no other shocks that will work with your application.

The lift from your body lift will not affect your shocks... and you shouldnt really be going so high on a tt and shackle that it would affect your shocks wither. You'll be just fine with the shocks you bought if they are meant for the ST at stock size.

Dallas

jorge...the rs5000 shocks are fine...i have the exact same set up on my '01 S/T...rs5000, PA 3" body lift, warrior shackles and a TT...everything is great....