Plug Wires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Michel

Reaction score
Evenin' All,

After skinning my knuckles and re-learning how to change plugs-Who makes the best plug wires and who sells them? I managed to rip the boot on no. 2. I remember now why I dislike design engineers also... I had quite a time with 2 and 3, and I have the double jointed plug sockets. Going through the fender well is a must on those two. They were a little sqeaky coming out-ashamed to say 60K and they must be original. Bought the truck used and I should have changed them sooner.

(Its a '01, job 1 4X4) Decent truck do a fair amount of pulling with it, 10mpg down the interstate with 5K load. Town milage about 13-14, not real happy with that, probably driver related though.

I put the expensive autolites in this time. I also just installed a Dynomax single exhaust. I like it so far, nice idle tone, pretty quiet at hiway speed. Bought through Amazon of all places-$243 del'd. Kit number 19334. Didn't come with new bolts for the cat connection but good overall fit.

Next upgrade-XcalII

Thanks, Lar

LarryI have the JBA powercables which can be purchased for $60 from EE(explorer express). They run well and have a better spark than stock. I believe Todd Z also has this set.

Good luck

Andy

Latest posts