Plugging the drain holes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
What's a neat, practical way to plug the holes in the bed? Even with my water-tight tonneau it manages to get pretty dusty after a while. I'm thinking black electrical tape will do.

How about a rubber cork?

Recruiter: Did you put corks in the boys ears to keep him out of the draft?

Granny: No, I put the corks in to keep the draft out of the boy!!!

"The Army Game"..Episode 175 of the Beverly Hillbillies.

One of the best IMHO!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Luv me some Beverly Hillbillies. That was one funny show.

Elly May: I hear they got smog.

Daisy Mae 'Granny' Moses: What's a smog?

[pause]

Jethro: I reckon it's a small hog.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I had the same problem with dust as I do a lot of gravel driving. I tried plugs but they would often come out, tried electrical tape, worked great and is easy to remove when you want to clean etc (cheap too). I also used some gray foam weather strip (about a 1/2 inch wide and ran it along the bottom and sides of the box so the gate closes onto it. Works great, I get no snow or dust at all in the box.

When I had my tracs I did the same thing as Ken, electircal tape and weather stripping for the tailgate. I travel down so many gravel/dirt roads that I still get dust, but it did cut down quite a bit of it.

Dingo - do you have something that stops the water from coming in at the OEM Tonneau cover and tail gate corner?

I run mine through a high pressure "Brushless" car wash and it soaks the inside of the bed. :angry:

I posted this waaaay back in September 07 and I got no solution - still gets very wet inside.

My solution - either don't use the high pressure car wash :wacko: or - if I do, open the back and wipe it dry ;).

Problem is I keep my bowling balls in the back. Last time I went to use them, they were wet - shoes and all. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

As you know, the 07 comes with a rubber flap that seals the vertical sides of the tailgate - the problem I'm having is in the top corners where the cover closes.

I LOVE THE OEM COVER :wub:- except for the leaking problem :blink:.

If you have something I can seal that with, I'll take one - maybe even TWO!!!::D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent - how do I order one - or two - or three? This leaking bed (NOT LEEKING IN THE BED) is driving me crazy! Can I use it all around the tailgate and OEM cover?

Email me the information I need.

Thanks!

Latest posts