Pointing KC lights

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curtis Farris

Reaction score
I need some help pointing my KC lights on my brushguard. I do not do much offroading but I would like to know where to point these lights to use them to the best of their abality. They are KC Dayliters and they are 6 inche lites. Where do you guys and gals point your lights? Is there an easy way to point them in a way and make sure they are both the same?

For you the best is park the truck on a leval road at night.....

Turn on the head lights...

Aim the fogs to light up the area from where the headlights back to the front of the truck.. Normally about 25 feet out to the bumper...

IF off roading, you need some close and some aimed far away...

Todd Z

I have my stock head lights aimed to factory specs, the stock fog lights are aimed to cover under the stock head lights to the truck and the lights on my brush guard are aimed slightly above, and slightly to the sides of the stock headlights. That seems to work the best for me for the way I drive.

Cliff

I have my KC daylighters aimed to pick up were my brights start to leave off. There will be enough overlap with the KC daylighters that you will light up almost everything in front of the truck. My fogs will work with my brights on and I turned the alinement on the fogs up about 1/2 turn. This put them out front a little more and they light up more area just in front of the truck that you lose without your low beams on. You may want to use your low beams or the high beams with the KCs, depending on where, and how fast your driving. You will find out that the pair of 150 watt daylighters really light up the night. Most light I have ever seen from just two units. Good luck and have fun.

Latest posts