Poll: Which tire should i get?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a flat yesterday and i figure its about time i get new tires. I am going with 275/70/16 i hope these will fit fine. My only problem is which brand tire should i get here are the 3 choices.....

BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO $160 per tire

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo $144 per tire

Pirelli Scorpion A/T $106 per tire

Price wise the pirelli is the better choice i feel but i like the way the BFGoodrich look. The bridgestone are also a good look. Your opinion is needed!!!!!!!!!!

Everybody will have an opinion, but me and a lot of people have REVO's and like them. The BFG's will probably last the longest. I've been off-roading with a number of people who had BFG A/T's and they load up with mud pretty easy, but for normal street, snow, and dry off-roading they are fine.

The Pirelli's I don't know anything about, either good or bad. If you go to The Tire Rack's website you can see reviews that people post.

P265/75-16's with a torsion twist and rear shackles. You could fit the stock size or 265/70's without it probably.

Get the BFG's i just got a set of 235/75/15s about 3000 miles ago, stil the yellow paint on the tread from the factory! They are simply amazing in rough terrain...Hard to get them to spin in snow in 2wd, 4wd forget it-you go through anything! Even when they spin in 2wd its not really spinning, you can feel the tires grabbin and biting for traction. A few people i talked to that have had scorpions said the pirelli arent likely to make 25-30k even... Dont realy know about the bridgestones except that the BFgs have much more aggressive and mean looking tread designs!

Good luck

Andy

don't know about scorpion a/t's, I went with scorpion STRa's for a more comfortable ride with a highway all season. They've been great.

Check out the yokahoma geoander HT/S G051..real good ratings on tire rack..most ratings in the 8's...

i have revo's at 275/70/16. very minor rub , but solved when about an 1/8 of an inch was cut from the plastic wheel well. second set of revo's on my 04 adren and love them. excellent in snow , rain and road noise is minimal. did notice more road noise when i replaced them at 40k for another set.

[Broken External Image]:

Get the BFG AT's. I have LT265/75/R16's and they are awesome. Probably have 30000 on them and they are still going strong. good for all offroading except maybe mud. then again i had no problem! :)

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts