Pool Systems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob chaw

Reaction score
This one is way off topic..guys and gals...

I just purchased an above ground pool and there are 2 types of water systems i am considering to get... a salt system- which i heard of and a baqua system...

anyone have any experience with these 2 ... or comments and or suggestions....

thanks

rob

In my last home, I had an in ground pool and used baquacil for 12 years. It was a little more expensive than chlorine at the time but the ease of use more than made up for it. You only had to test 1/week and it was easier to keep the chemicals and Ph in balance.

I have no knowledge of salt systems to compare it against.

Don't know about the salt system but the Baqua has been all the rage for the last few years. Supposedly better than chlorine in several ways (less corrosive, less fading, longer lasting, better for the enviro...etc...) other than price.

The Baqua is ~ 1/3 to 1/2 more than the chlorine eqivelent but I have not experienced it. I still use chlorine and it serves my purpose all the while costing less $ and is readily available at any place that sells pool/spa supplies

Guess it comes down to personal preference. Kinda like 87 octane compared to E85 in our ST's.

Good luck with whatever you decide...

I installed an inground pool 18 yrs ago and used the baquacil system. I found that each year I had to use more and more ingredients to keep the water "right". After about 4 yrs I was using so much that I couldn't afford it. I then switched to chlorine, which I had to watch more closely but was 1/2 the annual price.

I have no experience with the salt systems, but my pool store is getting favorable comments from customers that are trying it.

Sorry about the double post. I had a salt system inground pool put in about 3 years ago and love it. Hardly any maintenance and better for your skin etc. At the time, I had a friend who also was interested in the salt system (for an inground) I was told then that salt systems were't really meant for above ground pools because the vinyl liner makes the ph hard to control with the salt. Good luck.

This is what we have been using for about a 1-1/2 yrs. now and so far so good.

BAQUACIL ADâ„¢ System

The hands-off approach to pool care. BAQUACIL AD (Automated Dosing) is a chlorine-free, care-free, automated pool care system. Digital technology eliminates the guess work of pool dosing. Once programmed, the automated system dispenses daily doses of the sanitizer, oxidizer and algaecide. The newly re-designed BAQUACIL AD unit is attractive, child-proof and made of rigid HDPE plastic that is UV light resistant.

Recent story on the Dallas ABC affiliate regarding corrosion issues with the salt pools. That being said, former next door neighbor had one and we loved to visit her and take advantage of it. Haven't seen it since she moved out ~1 year ago.

Thanks a lot everyone...

I'm reading each message and absorbing information....

seriously thanks for your time...

rob

after reading more and more on the "BAQUACIL AD System" i may go with that...

unless some else chimes in about the saltwater systems....

Last edited by a moderator: