Pop in rear

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerica Marshall

Reaction score
ok so i was driving the other day to my boyfriends house and i went to turn on his street, well when i did it sounded like my hole bed was lose and it was popping during the whole turn...i don't know what it is. its bad though. i have been noticing it more and more.. i dont know what it is...does anyone know what it is or what i can do about it?

Could be a sway bar end link that came loose, They are known for that...

Todd Z

Make him crawl under there and shake everything and try to find out what came loose or see if anything broke.

Why have a boyfriend if you can't make him do stuff like that!

Don't take "no" for an answer. The rest of us have to do this stuff-- he should too!

he tried.....he looked when he was putting on my lowering kit...but he couldn't find anything wrong...he works on cars all day and he said he didn't see anything un normal...ill make him look again but when he looked the first time he didn't see anything and nothing was loose or broke...could it be something with the axle? i dont know stuff like that if it cuold be that...i just know about other things....

Hes taught me alot about trucks but thats under the hood and the transmission stufff. nothing like this....

Thanks

Since it happens when turning.(1) If you have an open rear differential, it could be the spider gears. (2) if you have limeted slip it could be the clutch pak. If limited slip try putting a bottle of friction modifier in the rear end. You can get it at ford for about $8.

mine is open differential (or thats what my boyfriend says) so if it is the spider gears what do i need to do? replace them? we think thats what it is....but how can you really tell?

If it is open differential the problem is internal and will require pulling it out of the rear housing for repair or replacement.

Good for you, Jerica! I was afraid you were letting him off too easy! :lol:

I'd still yell at him and make his life miserable until it gets fixed. Works well for my wife! :wacko:

yea i never let him off too easy....but im trying to let him slide right now b/c hes been busy at work but if he dont look at it this weekend im going to raise hell till it gets done....

Thanks again