~ Porter Cable Buffer Detailing

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Potts

Reaction score
I was doing some research on a good buffer to buy.......found this GREAT Write up of how to go about detailing:

http://www.sonus-usa.com/porter-cable-7424-car-polisher-guide.html

ANYONE have one of these buffers!?

I have one. Mine is re-branded to Meguiar's G100. Very durable unit and has been used by many folks. If you use the right combo of pads, polish, and technique, it's really hard to get bad results from a 7424 since it's a random orbital. Personally, I use mine with all Meguiar's products and pads.

Curt: That was my plan too....I just found the techniques on Sonnus' site. Where is the best place to purchase as far as price goes which is best......the Porter-Cable 7424 or the Mequires G100?

I've gotten all my stuff from ADS. You can get a lot of tips from the Meguiar's forum site. Personally, I got the G100 because of the lifetime warranty offered. The PC 7424's warranty is for a year, I think. ADS always has G100 polisher promos. BTW, I don't work for ADS, but have ordered lots of stuff from them as it's pretty cheap considering the weight of some of the products.

I see in your profile that you have a black trac. That'll look really good with some M80 polish and M26 wax using a PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Use "SAVEBIG" as a coupon code and save 15% on anything and everything. Don't know how long it's good for though, I lost the email. But I just ordered a washing mit and a couple bottles of microfiber detergent (for all the Sonus microfiber towels I've purchased previously).

Flip:

Order the gallon-size from PakShak. It's the same stuff, and if you tell them you're an Autopia member, they discount it. Volume wise, it's the best deal.

Latest posts