Power seats into a non power seats model?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdeadeye1

Reaction score
I found a console on line at a junk y ard that im going to go get and transfer to my 2003 xlt, with the soft pack console.

Well it also has leather seats that are power seats in it. I was thinking of getting them and replace my cloth seats. But i cant find a power cable under the seat. I havent taken them out to look, i just looked under the seat.

Am i not seeing it? Or is my model just doesnt have the power cord under the seat because mine is an xlt with the "non Luxury" package.?

Will the power seats work in my vehicle if i pull them?

I did this with my '02. There's no wiring harness under the seat if the truck didn't come with power seats. You just need to run a power wire and a ground wire. It will be helpful if you take the connector and a length of the wires leading to the connector in the donor truck. You might be able to trace the wires back to wherever they tap into the common wiring harness. I didn't think to do that. I have both seats, but only swapped in the driver's seat.

I also swapped the driver's seat in my '01, which did come with power seats, with a seat from a '97 or '98 Explorer, and found the connector under the seat is different between the Explorer and Sport Trac.

Latest posts