Powered subs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anybody put a powered sub, such as a bazooka, in their trac. If so where?

Open to other options to get some decent bass, not looking to go deaf. I do want something with a built in amp just for ease of installation.

I had one but nowhere to put it. I took it apart and got a 8" woofer box (for trucks) and mounted everything in it. Fit right under the pass. side rear. Sounds pretty good.;)

jason - any luck in your search for a new sub? I am facing a similar situation as you - I want to upgrade the factory sub in the back (BEHIND the rear passanger-side seat in that little compartment). Ideally I would like to find something to fit in the stock location or maybe something UNDER the rear passanger-side seat. The only problem with those subs under the seat is you lose the ability to fold them down. Just curious as to what options you are looking into.

Jay

correction to my previous post - my current factory sub is behind the DRIVER side rear seat - not the passanger. I found 2 Kenwood powered subs which may fit in the factory location (in that rear compartment). they are: the Kenwood KSC-SW1, this is a 150 watt 6 1/4" sub and the KSC-WA62RC (aka WOOX) - but I am not sure if the WOOX is still available.

Has anyone heard these or something similar? I would like to install a small powered sub in the factory location behind the rear driver-side seat. The reson being, I still want to be able to fold the rear seats.