Preferred vendor for Screamin Demon coil?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Krusich

Reaction score
I am wondering who might be the preferred vendor(s) (web address, phone, etc.) for the Screamin Demon coil for the SportTrac? Thanks

Underdog Performance. Quick shipping and great communication. It's a great addition, makes everything run much smoother.

What improvements did you experience with the coil? Did it improve gas mileage as well as improve performance? IMPORTANT question: did you guys regap the plugs to .008 or so as is suggested with this coil.

Steve,

No I did not re gap mine...

I noticed the truck ran smoother ad idle and the sound was different at High RPMS....

I have not calculated MPG at all...

Todd Z

I agree Underdog Performance is first rate. I had ordered the SD Coil for my S/T and it came with a damaged plug for coil wire bundle to the EEC V . I e-mailed and sent photo's of the damage and they

shipped another coil out and had a prepaid UPS return label with the new coil to send the damaged coil back. The whole transanction took a week. Great service.

I didn't regap mine. Engine runs smoother, sounds better, and the exhaust note is less raspy at higher rpms. I noticed maybe a .5-1 mpg increase.

The manufacturer is pretty persistent that the regap is crucial to get the max gains from the coil pack. Based on the research I have done on ignition systems in general, i would have to agree.

I did go to the web site and it says that this product will be good for sport tracs up to yr 2000.

Will it fit a sport trac 2003?

Jose:)

Jose, yes, I have mine on my 03.....

Todd Z

I just checked the site. All 4.0 Sohc. the 1998-2000 is for ohv which is pre 2001 Rangers with a 4.0.

FYI for anyone ordering- I'm out until friday. orders should ship on Monday. if you're in a rush, put a note in the order and I'll have the mfg ship it straight to you.

Latest posts