Pro Comp ES9000

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got them and I like them. They're quite a bit stiffer than stock, so expect a rougher ride, but the improved handling more than makes up for that. I've heard stories of people not getting all the hardware when they bought them, though, so you might want to check and make sure you've got everything if you decide to buy them.

I've had them for over 2 years. They do greatly improve handling. Paid $129 total for all 4 shocks. I did have to use some of the oem hardware but it's not that big of a deal.

I ordered a set of ES9000's but they came missing many small parts, which cause much cussing, torching, pounding, and time to make work. And that was just the first one. The second front shock was defective, instead of expanding it would just lay there at whatever length you set it. I ended up driving to Sears on three shocks, got a set of Sensa Tracs installed for $200, and sent the Pro Comps back for a refund. The mail order place didn't even argue about it.

I have a set on my 2001 and think they are a little to stiff. If I would do it over I would try the 3000 type. Just got such a good deal I went with the 9's.

$109.50 for 4

They were GREAT on my '03 Adrenalin. They made a HUGE improvement over stock.

At $130 for the set, and 90 minutes to install them, they were one of the best investments in my quality of life for a long time!

Don't know how they would do on an '07. I'm eager to hear if any '07 owners have redone their shocks and if the improvement was as great as on the first generation Tracs.