PROBLEM-DISENGRATING BODY MOUNT BUSHINGS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry watkins

Reaction score
WHILE I WAS LAST UNDER MY SPORT TRAC I NOTICED MY BODY MOUNT BUSHINGS WERE DISENEGRATING. THE DEALERSHIP HAD NEVER HEARD OF THIS HAPPENING. (THEY ARE LOCATED UNDERNEATH THE CAB BETWEEN THE FRAME AND CHASSIE.) IT SEEMS TO ME A 10 WRENCH PROJECT NOT TO BE UNDERTAKEN BY ME AND VERY COSTLY. I HAVE A 2001 ST. ANYBODY ELSE HAD THIS SAME PROBLEM?

I don't know what dealer you went to, but the body mounts do wear out over time. It's more common in areas that see extreme temperatures or areas that see a lot of salt. I see it in the Dallas area mostly on vehicles over ten years old or trucks that do a lot of off-roading.

I don't think it would be that hard to do. As far as I know it's basically the same as doing a body lift, only without the lift. Many members here have done their own body lift installation, although the consensus of opinion seems to be that it's not much fun.

THANKS GUYS, IT LOOKS LIKE IF THE DEALER DOES THE WORK AND REPLACE ALL SIX I'M LOOKING AT $1000. I JUST DON'T KNOW IF I WANT TO PUT THAT MUCH INTO A VEHICLE THAT'S 8 YRS. OLD. WISH ME LUCK!!! JW

Just had it done on my 96 taurus. Not overly expensive, but they were used parts (new parts are not available). I think parts and labor ran just under $150. I assume the ST would not be too much different on labor, parts maybe.