problem with filling tank with gas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ema sapp

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 03 sport trac and he said he when he trys to fill the tank with gas it will only take about a gallon cause it spits the fuel back out. I told him i would check this site to see if anyone had any suggestions what the problen is and how to fix it.

Called Slow fuel fill condition, Didn't think it effected the 03, But there are some vacuum lines in the rear wheel well that can come off, get clogged and cause that to happen.

Also I believe Ford has a TSB for this on earlier trucks...

Todd Z

My O3 Sport Trac was a little difficult to fill because the fuel would backup and shut the pump nozzle off.

There is a recall for a loose vacuum hose on the Evap canister. The hose was apearantly stretched too tight and would slip off. Ford had a recall about 3 years ago to install an elbow so that the hose would reach without excessive stretching. n If the hose was found to have disconnected from the canister, the entire canister was replaced since it would have been subject to ingesting road dirt and debris.

After mine was picked up from the dealer after the recall I no longer have any problem filling the tank, or it shutting off the pump.

...Rich

Latest posts