Problem with rear window

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Heim

Reaction score
When I try to close my rear window,it goes up and then right back down. After several minutes of doing this it will stay up. Anyone had this problem or know how to fix it?

Steve

You may want to check the window channels for anything stuck in them .There is a sensor that keeps it from closing when something is in the way ... hope this is of some help.

BTY ....you could do a Seach for rear window.......if it has happened to anyone here ...there is a post.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is also a way to reset the closing pressure required actually close.

You lower the window, raise it by turning and HOLDING the button to the right until it closes. Lower it again and do this a total of five times. That resets the module. If you still have issues than something is wrong. Like a bent track or something in the track for example.

I had a problem like this. I found the cable had come off the track and was jamming up in a pulley which would not let it go up. I removed the regulator , reinstalled the cable back in place and now it works great.

Latest posts