Procomp Spindle Help ASAP Please!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate B

Reaction score
I'm getting my spindles installed - Procomp spindles - but the shop called and said they were the wrong spindles. I got the Ranger Edge spindles, but they're saying the calipers need to be ground down for it to work. For anyone who has done the Procomp spindles, what was the part number you used???

Nate

Yeah... I purchased some Powerslot rotors for the Edge that they're instlling at the same time.

This is what happened:

The spindles that I had first didn't work, so I pulled 2 more sets out of our warehouse that are supposed to work on the Ranger. All three didn't work, so I came back to the warehouse, grabbed some Fabetec spindles, took them back to the shop, and called it a day. I wanted to run Procomp, but Fabtec it is. They already have my rear springs, one spindle, and rear shocks on the truck. Next stop is the body lift then the headders and I've got by baby back.

Make sure those rotors are 11.25" diameter. Mine were for a 2001 explorer. No sport, no sport trac no edge. just explorer, make sure they have abs. Just takes time finding out the right diameter size. Took me awhile.

Yep, I've got the right ones - I was in touch with Powerslot before I bought them, and I pulled them first and measured them to make sure they were the right size. As of now, they have all the suspension done: the rear leafs, front spindles, MX-6 shocks all the way around, rotors, and brake pads. Tomorrow they're doing the body lift, and I'm assuming the headers. The wait is killing me.

Latest posts