Pual H How do you put the carbon fiber tape on with out any lines

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Couture

Reaction score
How did you do all the carbon fiber work? How does it look so good around the edges and stuff? I guess what I am saying is how the heck do you get it to look so damn professional?

it has seems....but i matched the pattern of the cf as best i could. like wall paper i matched the seams.

i also used a hair dryer. to mold.

email was sent to you.

paul h

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you paul. I made my way to the local Pep boys and found the item. the cost is 22.50 for a 22 by 17 sheet. I then noticed that you can mold it with heat. I cant wait to get started on my new project like you. Thanks for all your help. Your work looks factory. Excellent job!

im working on getting a few radio bezels to make up in carbon fiber.

i will make them up and sell them and charge a core charge for your

radio bezel. once i get yours back i will return the core fee. or if you want

to keep yours i wont. should be getting a few in the next couple of days.

paul h:D

That sounds awsome...but that would leave the rest of the trac with no carbon fiber...

i really like the look you have there...i like how your center console goes all the way through..mine doesnt....:(

I was lucky enough last year to go to the Panoz Motorsports / Elan Motorsports production facility while I was up at the Petit Le Mans (my annual trip to the track to get away from the world for a week in a drunken stupor). They were working on the new Indy/Champ Car chasis, all carbon fiber. They were also building a Panoz Esperante ALMS car that is virually all carbon fiber except for the tube steel chasis. The door on that car weighed less than 20 lbs. Amazing stuff. They were even making radar dishes for the military. We got to see a lot of super secret stuff that most normal people don't get to see at the plant.

Working with that stuff is an art and you are doing a great job.