pulled 2 codes, impending doom? Final update -Fixed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jake Levin

Reaction score
Hey guys,

As I was parking the truck after lunch I got the dreaded blinking OD light of death. Hooked up my xcal and pulled the following codes:

P0732 Gear 2 ratio error

P0735 Gear 5 ratio error

Is this going to be a rebuild? The Trac has 148,000 miles on it. Tranny fluid is due for a change. I also put the oversided tranny pan on it last year and haven't had any problems with it slipping or anything.

3 weeks ago I had the pinion seal replaced on the front differential, any chance the codes are related? :(:(

Update:

1 of the servos is shot so he is replacing them plus the plate and some other stuff. None of the bands are destroyed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jake no....

I got those codes when I changed a tune 1 time..... Did you do any tune changes in the last week ???

Todd Z

Hey Todd,

No tune changes in quite a while (over the summer was the last one) Truck's been running fine other then a little sluggish to start the last couple days with the weather. I've been a little rough with the truck the past couple weeks (4 wheelin in the snow) but other then that haven't done anything to it.

Maybe the 4 wheeling..... Also those codes are thrown when the truck senses a weird change in the shifting between those gears...

I would reset the CEL..... Maybe disconnect the battery for a bit and see what happens...

IF they come back, Then it is going to be the worse case.... :(

Todd Z

reset the CEL, got about 1/2 mile up the road and it was back on. Halfway home the truck started lurching from first to second gear. Drove straight to the trans place. They pulled the same codes I did (duh). Hoping it's the valvebody. They dropped the pan last night, waiting on a phone call still. :(

Wel, just got a call. The gaskets aren't blown on the VB and all of the soleniods checked out. going to give me a call back in a little while after they've dug in deeper :(

The replaced 2 servos and valvebody. Trucks runs like a dream again. Got it back last night and gave her a wash today. Shifts smoothly, no noises. My guy said other then the servo being bad, he couldn't believe what good shape the tranny is in for having 150K on it. He thinks the oversized pan that I installed a couple years back has made a big difference in the wear and tear. Will be heading to Pittsburgh Monday so we'll see if the long drive brings out any other issues

hi jlevin,

Glad to hear your trac is running great again.

I have a question about the trans pan. Where did

you get it?

I need to change the filter and fluid on mine and

I just as well get the bigger pan with the drain plug

already in it.

Thanks new Chad

Hey Chad,

Check the link below. I bought it a couple years ago but I do remember the company was good to deal with and I received the pan quickly.

jlevin75, I notice that the pan would naturally hang lower than a stock pan. Do you think it might be overly exposed to damage on a stock height Trac?

Hey Uncle_Bob,

I've got stock height ride (other then a slightly larger then stock tire) and haven't had a problem. There's a cross-member behind it and the pan sits higher then it.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts